With the world fighting a pandemic and people cooped up in their homes, we need practical ways to relieve stress and boost our health.
Did you know that LAUGHTER has emotional and physical health benefits? It relieves stress, improves your mood, eases anxiety, and more!
I tend to be very serious and analytical, but I am learning more and more how important it is to laugh every day. At the end, I will share some of the sources I go to when I need to laugh.
First, check out these research findings from Harvard Medical School and HealthGuide.Org.
Physical health benefits of laughter:
- Boosts immunity
- Lowers stress hormones
- Decreases pain
- Relaxes your muscles
- Prevents heart disease
Mental health benefits of laughter:
- Adds joy and zest to life
- Eases anxiety and tension
- Relieves stress
- Improves mood
- Strengthens resilience
The Bible says, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine” Proverbs 17:22 KJV
“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
“The fruit of the Spirit is love, JOY, …” Galatians 5:22
“Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, ‘The Lord has done great things for them’.” Psalm 126:2
Laugh a Little!
- If you’re a teacher, like me, or a parent, you will laugh out loud at Elementary School Principal Gerry Brooks. Click here to visit his YouTube channel.
- Jeff Rab
- This TV show makes me LOL: Everybody Loves Raymond
- You can laugh while you learn God’s Word with Bible Teacher Beth Moore. This is one of my favorites.
I pray that your day be filled with laughter and joy. If you have a go-to source of laughter, please share!
This is My Journey Unscripted.
Click this link to learn more about Jesus: Who Is Jesus?