I want to thank Vivian for this nomination! This is her blog. https://godswhispersoftruth.wordpress.com
If you haven’t visited Vivian’s blog, you’re missing out! Not only will you love the blog, you will love her as well! Vivian is a TBI warrior whose hope and strength comes from God.
” . . . the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10 NIV
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 NIV
Viv’s Questions for Me:
1) What is the bible verse/passage which you turn to the most for comfort?
(This one is easy.) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
2) What are you most thankful for today?
In addition to my wonderful family, I am thankful for the dear friends I have come to know through Blogging. Ya’ll are my BBF’s (Best Blogger Friends)! These are just a few. I like to print out your pics so I can see you when I read your blog! I think it will be so exciting when we all meet in Heaven! Hugs all around!
3) What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?
I loved Popeye! But I hated The Three Stooges because they hit each other! They were both on the same program, The Sally Starr Show. I would go outside while the Three Stooges were on. When Popeye came on, my mom would call me from the window. One day I met Sally Starr and she gave me an autographed picture! (Don’t be jealous, now!)
3) When did you last clean out your closet? (hehehe, I tagged my daughter on this post)
2 weeks ago! (Sort of, kind of)
4) What is your primary love language ie, acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, or gift giving?
See for yourself: “Your Results: Physical Touch” (Hmmmm, That’s not right. I said I like it when somebody cleans my condo!)
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV
5) Which Bible character can you relate to because of what they went through?
Joseph, because even though life wasn’t fair, God turned it around for good. And God will do that for every one who looks to Him! Joseph said to his brothers,
“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” Genesis 50:20 NIV
6) What is your favorite board game?
I love most board games, but not Monopoly because I never win! I like Scrabble and Ticket To Ride. I also love Sudoku. We used to have Bible Trivia when my kids were growing up. It’s a great family game!
7) What is or was your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject was math because it made sense (unlike things like poetry). I didn’t develop a love for writing until I was a young adult. (Good thing I did my homework and listened to my teachers anyway!)
8) What do you enjoy doing during your down time?
Reading, and reading. I also like to read.
9) What major obstacle in your life has God helped you overcome?
Alcohol. It was nothing but trouble. Trust me.
10) What musical instrument(s) can you play?
A Recorder, you know, the one all kids in America learn to play in music class. However, I haven’t picked one up in about 60 years. (Does that count?)
11) If you could go back 10 years, what major decisions would you change?
The one thing I would change is this: I would live close to the Lord all the days of my life. I would have never wandered.
And now my nominations!! (In no special order)
- Yari https://yarigarciawrites.com She has great writing tips!
- Brenda http://becominghistapestry.com She makes me smile!
- Evette https://evettecollins.net She is a strong writer!
- Jennifer https://jenniferbrownjones.com You will learn a lot from Jen!
- Kate https://hisencouraginggrace.wordpress.com She has great insight.
- Annonymous writer https://faithfood.blog I call her Perth! She has a heart for God.
- Siphe https://godsanointedprincesses.wordpress.com Most wise for a teenage girl!
- Born Again https://bornagain732.wordpress.com/blog/ She has a lot to share.
- Lisa https://wordpress13730.wordpress.com She loves Jesus!
- Deborah Ann https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/27294617 Beautiful poetry!
- Emma https://myredemptionforhisglory.wordpress.com Her desire is to honor God!
My Questions For Nominees
- Name a blogger who makes you laugh. Include a link. (Because we all need to laugh more!)
- Do you know a pet that thinks he’s a person? (I know several.) Tell us about it!
- Give between 1 and 5 blogging tips that have helped you.
- What is the first word that comes to your mind when I say “JESUS”.
- What is your favorite book (besides the Bible), and in 3 sentences or less, tell why.
- What is your favorite “first sentence” from a book you read? You can give more than one answer. I love this question! (I stole it from Yari!!)
- What is your favorite book ending? (Searching for answers to 6 & 7 will make you a better writer.)
- What is a Scripture that you have memorized?
- If you were going to be the speaker at a Christian conference, what would be your topic?
- What part of God’s creation do you love the most?
- Quote a Psalm that you love.
This award is given to creative, positive and cheerful bloggers by other bloggers as a token of appreciation and admiration. Please do not feel pressured to accept this award. I just want to show my appreciation for you and tell a little something about you. Thank you and God bless you all!
Here are the rules:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
• Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
This Is My Journey Unscripted.
Click this link to learn more about Jesus: Who Is Jesus?