Among the baby rattles and teethers, I grasped a 3 foot snake skin! With a loud scream, I threw it all in the air!
We lived out in the country, in the middle of the woods. Beautiful setting for a family with a new baby, but sometimes scary, what with the lizards, mice and snakes that liked to visit.
One day, I was feeling around in a box on a closet shelf above my head, looking for a certain baby toy. I pulled out a handful of small toys to see if I had what I was looking for. Among the baby rattles and teethers, I grasped a 3 foot snake skin! With a loud scream, I threw it all in the air!
That was the second time I found a snake skin in my house. Being more of a city girl, I was terrified that something would bite my baby or that a snake might slither into my bed during the night. This is the time in my life when I learned the power of believing the Word of God and putting my complete trust in the Lord. One day I came across Psalm 4:8.
“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
Every night I would pray: “I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” I would pray this over and over until I fell asleep. I lived in that house for 9 years. Eventually, peace enveloped me and I slept without fear.
When you are afraid, thank the Lord for these promises:
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4: 6 & 7
- “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3
- “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” Psalm 119:165
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…” Colossians 3:15
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
How are we robbed of this peace? The Bible says the devil is a liar. When thoughts come into our minds that bring fear, we know Satan is trying to steal the promise of God.
- “Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.” Luke 8:12
- “… the devil … was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44
- “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10
This Is My Journey Unscripted.
Do you want to become a Christian? Click this link to learn more: Who Is Jesus?